Position: Office Manager
Reports to: President and CEO
Location: Northern Virginia
Updated: January 2019
The Tearfund USA team is made of Christians passionate about ending poverty. Inspired by the example and teaching of Jesus, we recognize that people have deeply interconnected material and spiritual needs. We seek to meet those needs by working through local Christians across the Majority World - primarily via Tearfund’s network of Church and Community Transformation (CCT) and Environmental and Economic Sustainability (EES) projects, churches and faith-based organizations who operate at the heart of their communities. We also engage in holistic humanitarian response, often in complex, fragile contexts.
The Office Manager reports to the President and CEO and provides executive, administrative, and development support to the Tearfund USA office based in Northern Virginia. (S)he is responsible for the workings of the office and the administrative support of staff. (S)he will also serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO, working as a liaison to the Board of Directors and senior management team, organizing and coordinating executive outreach and external relations efforts, and overseeing various special projects.
Description of Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assists the CEO with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of tasks
- Coordinates calls, meetings, itineraries, agendas, and strategic activities.
- Assists with the set up of various office management related functions per the CEO’s guidance
- Assists with CRM database management and donor relations as needed
- Engages in annual forecasting, budgeting, and management of the expenses of the Tearfund USA office
- Serves as the CEO’s administrative liaison to the Board of Directors and manages Board activities, which include coordinating quarterly Board meetings and dinners; new Board member orientations; arranging hotel accommodations for out-of-town visitors, process travel reimbursement requests.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, donors, and others, on matters related to CEO’s programmatic initiatives.
- Maintains a positive and proactive office environment with an open-mindedness, flexibility, and humor.
- Understands vision cast by Tearfund USA leadership and implement tasks in such a way that best reflects the organization’s priorities and establishes good lines of communication with staff
- Participate in and regularly take a turn at leading weekly staff devotions; pray over our work individually and corporately. Maintain your own spiritual development, including active participation in a local church
- Other duties, as required.
- Committed Christian with an active relationship with Jesus. Fully aligned with the vision, mission, and values of Tearfund USA, including the Statement of Faith. Committed to prayer, service and compassion, keeping Jesus at the center of work and life.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2+years experience with a non-profit; or equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrated willingness to take the initiative, establish goals and set priorities; management of personal schedule effectively, and follow-through on commitments
- Demonstrated strong work ethic
- A proven track record as a strong coordinator with relationship-building skills.
- Strong computer skills and experience using MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, as well as other elements related to social media communications.
- Must be authorized to work in the USA
- Experience with and commitment to international relief and development, cross‐cultural engagement, or social justice advocacy
- Experience with Salesforce and Sage Intaact
- Experience reporting to a senior executive
- Master’s Degree preferred
All of the above responsibilities are to be conducted in a professional manner. They require attention to professional standards; Christian faith, morality and integrity; and positive interpersonal relationships.